The following items have been selected to support you in gradually adopting aspects of an Ayurvedic Lifestyle. Contact me to order anything for delivery via post or collection from my Practice Rooms.
Tongue scrapper - $10 (Stainless steel or copper to suit your constitution)
This simple daily practice will help rid your body of toxins. The coating that accumulates on your tongue overnight are toxins that have travelled up your gastrointestinal tract overnight. That's why your breath is less pleasant in the morning. Cleaning your teeth and scrapping your tongue as soon as rise and before you eat or drink will prevent them from moving back into the body. If you do nothing else - do this!
Tulsi Teas - $6.50 (18 teabags per packet)
Rich in anti oxidants this unique herb known as 'holy basil' helps to support the circulatory system, balance blood glucose levels and reduce stress. The entire Tulsi range is made from certified organic ingredients and is caffeine free with the exception of Tulsi Green. All the blends can be enjoyed hot or iced. For more information on this amazing herb and Organic India Tulsi Teas click here.
- Tulis Original: Pure Tulsi - Holy Basil, Krishna Tulsi, Rama Tulsi & Vana Tulsi
- Tulsi Lemon Ginger: Excellent for keeping you warm and alleviating cold symptoms & improving digestion Tulsi Red Chai Masala: A delicious caffiene free chai blend combining Tulsi, rooibos tea and chai spices - also excellent for digestion.
- Tulsi Green: The combination of Tulsi & green tea gives you an extra boost of antioxidants helping with weight loss.
- Tulsi Sweet Rose: A delicate blend of Tulsi finely balanced with soothing chamomile, rose petals and the fragrant essence of rose - a gift during the heat of menopause & summer.
- Tulsi Jasmine: Excellent for coughs and sore throats.
- Tulsi Pepermint: Pepermint is excellent for digestion. Cooling in summer it is also known to reduce nausea, colic & wind and soothe an irritated bowel.
- Pomegranate: Pitta's frioend - pomegranate is regraded as a Superfruit due to its exceptional nutrient richness and antioxidants.
Yogi Tea - $12 (100gm)
Made by Dr. Kamlesh of Lucknow, India (a seventh generation Ayurvedic physician), this delicious tea can be taken black or with milk. Great value, it is highly concentrated with up to 100 cups per pack. Ingredients include: Himalayan Violet, Lotus Petals, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Nutmeg, Brahmi, Camel Thorn, Fennel, Licorice, Ginger, Rose Petals, White & Red Sandalwood & Lemon Grass.
Raw honey - $8 (kg)
Sourced from the Hunter Valley this honey comes to you straight from the hive. Honey is has many medicinal benefits and the Ancient Texts instruct that honey should never be cooked as it loses its nutritional qualities and becomes mildly toxic in the body. Unfortunately most commercial honey is heated in the extraction process.
Tip: Use rice syrup as an alternative to honey when cooking.
Your skin is your body's largest organ and what you wear next to it really does matter. Nativa offers a uniquly elegant range of clothing and homeware using eco fabrics such as organic cotton, peace silk and hemp all dyed in Ayurvedic herbs. By infusing the properties of herbs into the fabric Nativa takes organic one step further by offering clothes and homewear that are not only stunningly beautiful but also enhance your overall wellbeing. Take a look at some of the range here.
Yogi Soap - $4.50
Made by hand this soap contains cold pressed coconut oil and virgin neem seed oil (certified pesticide free). A combination of tulsi with other pure essential oils produces soap that is incredibly mild, refreshing and cleansing for the skin, with a delightful fragrance. Contains no synthetic colour or perfume. One of the world's great soaps.
Oil pots - $7
A set of 2 travel size stainless steel bowels that makes heating oil for your self massage at home or when travelling quick, easy and mess free.
To place an order.