Beginning with a relaxing back massage this traditional treatment involves the application of herb-infused oils specifically used to relieve stiffness, inflammation and pain. A dough casing to contain the heated oil is placed over the problem area which the oil penetrates to nourish, lubricate and soften the affected tissue.
It is highly recommended for back, shoulder and neck pain and the number & frequency of treatments required will depend on whether the problem is chronic or actute.
- Kati Basti – the dough is placed on the relevant part of the Lumbosacral area and is beneficial for conditions such as sciatica, lower back pain and disc problems.
- Uro Basti – the dough is placed on the shoulder area and is beneficial for conditions such as frozen shoulder, dislocations, RSI problems, and shoulder pain.
- Greeva Basti –the dough is placed around the neck area and is beneficial for cervical disorders, stiff neck, whiplash and migraines.
- Janu Basti - this is given on joints area particularly on the knee joint. It is also beneficial in conditions like arthritis, osteoarthritis and osteoporosis
- Vaksha Basti – the dough is placed on the thoracic part of the spine for mid thoracic problems and over the back of the heart area for emotional holding.
At the completion of your treatment/s you receive the remaining herb infused oil to take home for your self-massage.
Cost: $81 single treatment with a discount for a series of 3 or more treatments - full price for the 1st & 2nd treatments and the 3rd & subsequent treatments in a series discounted to $72).